Everyone is talking about Covid-19.
Social media goes crazy, news, everywhere online. I don’t read the news, so I find out what’s going on from family and friends. As for me, it’s the best way to keep away from anxiety and not necessarily stress.
All I need to know:
- Keep a safe distance with people I don’t know
- Isolate myself If I feel ill
- Disinfect the surface at home and in the car + wash my hands
- More nature + home, less crowded places to visit
What is the point of the panic? I don’t see one. BUT! I do understand the importance of keeping myself busy these days. Because I work remotely, I am busy during the day anyway, but in the evenings now there is not much to do. Also, my husband was sent home because I had the flu last week, so, at first, we decided to go to another part of the UK to travel and enjoy nature!
Peak District is amazing! I worked in the hotel and then when we had time – we drove to a few different places. Yes, it wasn’t a long time gateway but omg it was perfect. Is it safe to travel this way? 100% YES (if you traveled as we did).
So, first of all, clean and disinfect inside the car + door handles. Then, prepare disposable gloves (some petrol stations also have them next to the pump). Then, prepare your and snacks – less you buy on the way – less contact with the virus you might have.
Have a lot of sanitizing tissues (or just get a gel.. you can even make one at home). When you are in the hotel or at the restaurant – keep a distance from others – we have seen so many places leaving notes on tables asking people to leave 1 table in between other people. Change popular touristic places to visit National parks, Woods, Seaside, Walking trails.
As for me – it’s so simple, that you won’t even have to worry about the virus on a trip like that. Now when we are back from our trip there is another challenge: keep ourselves occupied. What I’ve done so far:
- Scheduled online dance trainings that are going on all around the globe at the moment. Most of them are free!
- Planned places for long walks with my husband and our dog
- Safe visitations of family members who we know are healthy
- Lots of housework
- Some beauty stuff that I can do on my own: nails, hair (I’ll dye it), eyebrows, massages, masks (face, hair). Not all in one day for sure, but enough to be done within 1-2 weeks
- Projects to work on for my jewelry course and exploring my own ideas
- While dance school where I teach is shot, there is tons of time now to prepare ideas for the summer show!
When I made a list like this one above, I actually realized I don’t have enough time for everything I want to do! Can you imagine? 🙂
Stay active! Stay healthy!